Saturday 19 May 2007

One Really Annoying Person Rant Time

Eurgh. >o<

You know what pisses me off more than Ukraine getting second place in this year's Eurovision Song Contest? One certain member *coughblackfangcough* over at the Rangerboard forums, whose mind is stuck somewhere between 'Me like Den-O' and 'I like Den-O, but I hate some elements to the show, so I'm comparing to Kabuto and older Kamen Rider shows'. I would like to say this to him/her...

FOR GOD'S SAKE! LEAVE KABUTO AND OLDER KAMEN RIDER SHOWS OUT OF DEN-O AND LEAVE YOUR SO-CALLED 'INTELLECTUAL' THOUGHTS SOMEWHERE IN YOUR BLOG OR SOMETHING, WHERE NO ONE IS GOING TO LOOK AT YOUR RANT/MUSING/POST!

Geez, your comparisons between Den-O and Kabuto and older Kamen Rider shows are like comparing the Final Fantasy series: same franchise, different storyline, world and characters. And before you flame me (yes, you know what I mean), comparing Den-O and Kabuto doesn't work at all. In other words, you're comparing to shows that have come from the same franchise, but they are completely different to each other and they are NOT COMPATIBLE TO EACH OTHER AT ALL TO COMPARE. Just look at Final Fantasy VII and VIII: They may have come from the same franchise, but by just looking at the surface, as well as deeper inside, their storylines, worlds and characters are completely different in directions. And the same applies to every Final Fantasy game. The only comparison that you can compare is the sequels to the game itself; the best examples being Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X. And if you don't know what Final Fantasy is, try going to Wikipedia for yourself.

And really, don't really take the Kamen Rider series seriously. I would laugh my arse off, if you gave me a serious comment. And just to let me saying that should really drill in my head: KAMEN RIDER IS A JAPANESE CHILDREN SHOW, NOT SOME POLITICAL SHIT THAT GET THE PEOPLE TALKING THROUGHOUT THE WORLD! And I hate the way you say you can compare Den-O and Kabuto specifically. The only valid comparison that I can think of, is Kamen Rider Black and its sequel, Black RX.

This maybe going to dismiss you, but apparently Den-O is a far lighter affair than the last couple os KR shows that have gone a bit too dark, but is as unique as any Final Fantasy game you come across it with and thanks to the show's uniqueness, a lot of female viewers from everywhere, not just Japan, along with young parents with children can enjoy the series, without taking it seriously.

The bottom line is, 1) don't take the Kamen Rider franchise seriously, like some really hardcore KR fan who has no life outside your hobby at all. Have you even considered doing some real life stuff, like paying taxes, worrying about your appearances or something else? 2) your comparisons between the current and past KR shows are rubbish and you're comparing it like a Final Fantasy VII/VIII (delete where appropriate) fan who endlessly babble to compare TWO completely different games that have no connetion to each other whatsoever and 3) stop being an asshole who just whine about the show and just enjoy watching the show! IT IS A SHOW, AFTER ALL, TARGETING THE YOUNG CHILDREN!

Thank God I didn't joined the RB forum immediately and I have an open mind that there is more to life than just Kamen Rider all the way.

Quote of the Moment - "Excuse me, while I kiss the sky!" - Jimmy Hendrix and the song Purple Haze. And yes, the lyrics clearly say 'kiss the sky', not 'kiss this guy'.

No comments: