Wednesday 1 November 2006

Come back Pho! All is Forgiven!

(N.B. IT'S PRONOUNCED 'FUH', NOT 'FUR'!)

Yes, as the title suggests, I am Vietnamese and I expect to eat some delicious Vietnamese cuisine (okay, only a few selection), but there's one dish that I so missed, since I moved to Stoke-on-Trent from my family's hometown of Manchester:

Phở

There, I said it! I missed eating that wonderful noodle soup bowl that my parents cooked with very great care T_T! I missed eating the beef rare (yeah, it's like having the beef done in English cuisine, but in soup base), while slurping the rice noodles on my mouth and then, if possible that my stomach isn't full yet, swallowed the soup on my mouth. I just missed the warmth in it, especially as it comes to winter this year. T_T Maybe next year, I should take the train to uni; it's only 45 minutes from Manchester to Stoke-on-Trent, PLUS I think the city life in Stoke is pretty boring, despite being the safest city in the UK.

On another note, who never knew the British comedian Jimmy Carr came up using all he magnetic letters on the board in QI (UK Quiz show, where it involves on the basis of quite interesting facts, instead of the obvious)?




Quote of the Moment - 'PUT SMARTIES TUBES ON CATS LEGS MAKE THEM WALK LIKE A ROBOT' - Jimmy Carr, when he combined all the letters on the board and came up with this. Alan Davies was gobsmacked and commented 'Un-f**king-believeble'.

No comments: