Sunday 25 May 2008

It's a Chaotic World

Yesterday, I've been on a long, chaotic, expensive train journey to London, so that I can go to the MCM Expo and play either that new Warriors Orochi 2 game, have an experience with a taiko drum game or just goofing off photographing cosplayers; needless to say, it was a great experience to see wonderful cosplayers and making new friends.

First off, the journey. Damn London and its Olympic construction. I hate the journey and what was worse, I went to the wrong DLR train. Thankfully by the time I found the queue and paid in, I finally was in the convention and then I started to find the Koei stand, so that I signed in the newsletter and got three character cards! ^_^ And what was brilliant about those cards are that they're 10p each, so I bought ten of them, five of them I bought for my younger sister. Next, looking for the World Ends with You cosplayers and thankfully, I wasn't the only TWEWY cosplayer out there. I've seen a Sho cosplayer, a female Neku (which both she and I exchanged email addresses to each other and she laughed about my email address; since it's sho_lover22 after all) and even a male Neku, who joked about me and my 'shady' ways. XD

I've seen a DDR tournament and it was intense (and loud), but then I walked away and tried to do Para Para Paradise round. Eurgh, I haven't been touch ParaPara for a while, since Las Vegas five years ago. And then I started shopping for that Neo magazine, because I thought buying a magazine here is a lot better than buying in a newsagent. And because I'm on a very tight budget, I spent only £10 buying a cute mini Gin plushie from Gintama. I even get the chance to hug a Dalek(?!), who wanted a kiss from me (XD) and then being an idiot I drew over at the Manga gallery.

And as the time goes by and there were fewer people, I had my hands full on this quirky Taiko game and at first, I kept banging so loudly, I didn't realize the blue dot was meant to hit on the side; next I was doing decent after a few tries and finally, the most important bit, having my hands-on with Warriors Orochi 2. It was great playing as Taigong Wang, Yoshitsune and Himiko and I was playing against a male(!) Mitsunari cosplayer. It was really intense, but in the end, I lost, but since it was a fair game, I shook hands with him. Damn, why didn't I get a photo of him?! >_<

And after the afternoon was gone, I decided to go home, but not without taking photos outside, which involves getting a random hug from a Naruto cosplayer and seeing a bunch of crazy cosplayers holding hands and doing a Mexican wave. XD The train journey back was tiresome, but at least I took a photo of chibi Gin sitting on the seat, having a nice Strawberry Milk. XD

You can have a look on a very small album here and enjoy my journey in reverse chronologically (XD) or just admire the 'crappy' photos, which involves a Kitty Balthier from Final Fantasty XII that my younger sister has a crush on him and a cheeky young boy saying he's not having a hug to me.

I'm going to have to post this link to my new friend now and I'll be posting a few that I can deemed themselves 'DeviantArt' worthy and make some funny comments. XD

No comments: