Saturday 20 January 2007

When Latex in Japan isn't just enough

Well, Japan is famous for having the Kamen Rider series, as well as Super Sentai series (and GARO, of course ^_^), Thailand has got Sport Ranger and Crystal Knight, America has the most terrible thing in the world that is known as Power Rangers, France has that tonkatsu, to which I forgot the title again, and yes, even Britain has one (in the shape of Doctor Who, but come on! When the Doctor regenerates, that's called 'henshin', right? Oh, so some people think I'm mad enough to say that). And now, get ready to meet South Korea's version of their tonkatsu - Erexion. I'm not sure why this is very different to the Super Sentai series, but so far, it looks very impressive and the villains look so cool, they make the villains in the Super Sentai series green in envy. And let's not forget the cool opening song for Erexion - simply saying it's better than the Super Sentai series (I like the opening song to Super Sentai series; the only problem is that I don't like Boukenger's opening, so don't say 'BOO! YOU'RE NOT A TRUE SUPER SENTAI FAN!'). The only complaint that I'm griped about this, is that that the colour scheme is a little too bright for the show. I've seen a few clips of the show, so I'm pretty excited when it gets fansubbed. In the meantime, you can visit Erexion's site here.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to draw some sketches on the novel, on the homage to the tonkatsu shows in the world (except for the new Power Rangers shows from 2000 - present, i.e. America).

Quote of the Moment - "Why do you think they call me the devil?!" - Yoshihrio Shimazu from Samurai Warriors 2 (a.k.a Sengoku Musou 2).

No comments: