Tuesday 13 November 2007

Who Needs Heroes when you have Villains as the Main Characters?

After recently finished reading the children novel, H.I.V.E. - Higher Intsitution of Villainious Education - via my younger sister's permission as she bought the book; I can now say a few things about this book:

- Finally, a book about the villains being in the spotlight, instead of heroes who have the destiny to fight against them.

- Otto Malpense, the main character and anti-hero of the story, kinda reminds me of that short white-haired boy, whose name escapes me, from BLEACH, only he's not a high ranking Shinigami/Soul Reaper captain or something and that he uses his wit.

- It's really funny. No seriously, by the time you're going to read this book, you will forget that this is a Harry Potter-a-like story with emo characters in it. Well, okay, there is one in H.I.V.E, but he doesn't act all emo later on.

- Lots of twists and turns and better writing than HP book 7. Plus likable characters, even though they ARE villains. And you will sympathise Dr Nero, the headmaster of H.I.V.E. later on. I'm not going to spoil the storyline.

All in all, I'm definitely going to buy the second book, just for my younger sister's late birthday present. And oh yes, if young/old teenage girls and young female adults are going to pick H.I.V.E up, I'll bet there's going to be lots of yaoi fanfiction/fanart of Otto Malpense and Wing Fanchu (the second main male character) doing some 'inappropriate' stuff to each other. What?

Quote of the Moment - "I'm on the verge of breaking my pencil." - Me on that life-drawing teacher telling me that I drew the naked woman's head to small.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No one likes HIVE for some reason. :( There's absolutely NO HIVE content on the Internet. Someone needs to DO something!