Saturday 24 November 2007

Now, This is How You Make a Good Film

Recently at a Friday night (okay, late), I've been to watch Pan's Labyrinth with my sisters and yes, I must say, I should give the Hellboy and Sin City director lots of credit for making this incredibly excellent film. Basically, this is a fantasy/period drama (taking place in the middle of a WWII-Spanish mill) film about a young girl named Ofelia, who is the reincarnation of the Underworld's Princess, Moanna, and she has to do three tasks in order to return to her Underworld, as she is the rightful heir to the throne. Yeah, despite the somewhat cliched description that I've made, the storyline is really good; with really good actors and actresses, including the main herorine, portraying their role convincingly. Even that Captain Bastard as I dubbed him, is really convincing to play as the arsehole character. I just love the herorine, because A) she's pretty a strong-willed lass, despite her age and looks and B) she's not afraid to die, even it means it's going to cost her life.

Storyline-wise, I just love it; really good fairytale, with none of that cheesy Hollywood-crap that was in the film and the ending is what I should describe it a bittersweet story, even though that there are scenes that would be really scary/gross for non-horror fans. If you want to know what really happens, then go buy/rent/borrow or your friend's/sibling's/family member's DVD and check it out. This is one film that you should NOT avoid and a MUST-SEE for all you Del Toro fans.

Quote of the Moment - "Damn bleach" - Me, after applying the spray to the laptop monitor. I swear, I'm never going to use that thing again. It stinks. >_<

No comments: