Tuesday 22 April 2008

Chobits THE LIVE

Sorry. I made that title up as you're not going to see the live action version of Chobits. Instead, I'm talking about Absolute Boyfriend aka Zettai Kareshi. Been to watch the first episode and here are my thoughts...

Surprisingly, it's actually very good, even though the JDrama had to change a few modifications, due to the fact that in Japanese schools, having an affair within the school is STRICTLY not allowed. Intsead, the JDrama takes place in a sweet/confectionery business building, which is owned by the Asamoto funnily enough and that our main herorine, Izawa Riiko has newly joined in the ranks as a temp and that Asamoto Soshi is now the heir to the Asamoto business (and his younger brother, (now turning 'older'?) is the Vice-President) and that his personality has changed a little to being a flirty guy (but he's played by Mizushima 'Path to Heaven' Hiro, which he really fits well as Soshi). As for Night, well, Night is Night, albeit with a few appearance changes (Plus, I like Mokomichi Hayami, he's hot X3). And even Namikiri, who I was a little disappointed that he wasn't the Namikiri I'm expecting from the manga intially, had still got that charm from the manga intact (the actor, Sasaki Kuranosuke must have been really good).

There are a few issues that I would love to see the JDrama follow the storyline, but having an open mind, I can't wait to watch the next episode. I wonder how Yuu Watase (my favourite shoujo manga-ka) reacts when she watched this.

No comments: