Tuesday 30 October 2007

That's Not How God Wanted

That's it. I'm tired of nightly Prayer sessions with a family. I'm tired of praying to God via the Church, which I have great delusion about the Pope and its shady Cardinals and clearly there is something wrong with the Vietnamese Catholic Church. Oh come on, I don't see my cousin saying prayers with his family when I used to do sleepovers at their house and the rest of my mother's side and even my father's side (in America with lots of really religious Catholic families ironically) don't really pray as they want to. I just really hate on being forced to pray as a family altogether ever since that priest (which I blamed him namelessly) in Birmingham tell my dad that it was a good idea to pray as a family every night somewhere over a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately, I'm having none of it, as it seems this idea came into something that I thought of being like in a communist country (not saying if it's China or Vietnam itself), where you were forced to do something that you don't like altogether. Whatever happened to nightly individual prayers that you can get away with by shutting the down and not really praying all of the time?

Oh sure, I'm going to get flamed by the Vietnamese Catholic Church and other Catholics, but this is the truth. Admittedly, I only pray to someone up in the clouds, which is neither God nor Jesus, but the Virgin Mary; when I'm in deep shit and my life is getting worse by every day, but that's just the only in the last resort. I just want to do something in action, rather than praying like a religious fanatic and let God and the miracle do all of the work.

Nightly family prayers can only work with younger children, but with teenagers and young adults straight away, that's impossible to do, as they start to question about the existance of God and whether it's the Church who's in some conspiracy to say that they over exploited Jesus's intentions or not and they get more relunctant to be with a family for a nightly prayer every night and there would be students out partying at night or just saying an excuse they've got this last-minute essay they need to finish, before the next morning. I've got to tell that priest that the system that he told my dad to do is just simply not working for the target market audience (and come up with a graphic/advertising design plan, so that I can have money). And I've got to tell my younger sister that I'm an adult and I can do whatever I want and tell her that she's an adult too and she would have to stop being a mummy or daddy's pet once in a while.

Quote of the Moment - "Wrong person." Gintoki and Shinpachi from Gintama

No comments: