Friday 27 April 2007

Catholic Manga

Is it just me or is the UK Catholic Church now going to the manga scene? Yeah, don't stare at me like that, as a manga, anime, video game and TV fan for around 6 years or so ago, as well as being a Catholic for all my life; I'm pretty surprised that even manga has spread the Catholic Church too.

Hmm, if I see a Catholic Manga coming out in print sometime on the shelf, I might take a flick arond the pages and see it they can keep up with actual Japanese mangas. The Alex Rider manga was good enough, because it actually has Japanese artists; so I'm intrigued to see on how the UK Catholic Church take on this format. (Haha, to Pope Benedict XVI and the folks over at the Vatican. Why haven't you come up with a plan like the UK one?)

Oh, if you don't believe me, here's the source.

Quote of the Moment - “We have chosen the Manga cartoons for the 2007 campaign, because we hope it will appeal to young people under twenty as well as people in their thirties.” - Fr. Paul Embery, Director of the National Office for Vocation

No comments: